The summer is finally here! And what better time to make a cool and refreshing vegan slice full of healthy fats and micronutrients! It’s completely raw and vegan (tastes great, so if you’re not a vegan it will still go down a treat!)
This recipe is from the very talented Jade over at Panaceas Pantry, we LOVE Kath & Jade- their vegan creations inspire us everyday to be a little bit healthier and be a little bit more creative in the kitchen!
Chocolate Dream Base:
1 cup almond meal
1/4 cup One Earth Chocolate Dream Blend
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1. Pour all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and stir until well combines
2. Press base evenly into a can tin of choice (I used a banana bread loaf tin), then set aside
Lemon and strawberry cake:
1 cup cashews, soaked 4 hours
1/4 cup cacao butter, melted and set aside to cool for 5 minutes
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
10 drops pure lemon essential oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Add all ingredients (EXCEPT melted cacao butter) to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth
2. Add the cacao butter and blend again for a further 1 minute on high
3. Pour the lemon filling over the base
OPTIONAL- reserve 2 Tbsp on the lemon mixture and set into a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp freeze-dried dragon fruit powder, and stir until the mix in evenly pink. Marble/stir this pink mixture through the top of the cake, as I have done
4. Decorate with whatever you like. I choose freeze-dried strawberries, dehydrated strawberries, shredded coconut and desiccated coconut
5. Set in the freezer for atlas 4 hours
To serve; remove cake from the freezer and cake tin. Allow to defrost for 15 minutes, then slice into square. Eat straight away, or store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days (or freezer for 3-4 weeks).
Thanks Jade! Our kids will LOVE this!